Since dropping off mixtape single and title track Castle Collectors back in June, the West Coast emcee formerly known as Mean Doe Green (and, before that, as Doey Rock) decided to continue his musical hustle under his birth name, Kahali Oden. And that’s not the only big change he’s experienced recently; this past Saturday, he welcomed a new baby girl into the world. The birth of his daughter offered him the occasion to reflect on the knowledge he’s accumulated during his time on this Earth, and on Letter to My Kids he shares the results of that introspection. Over Pete Space‘s pensive keys, Oden encourages his offspring to study hard, stick to their principles, and “stay prayed up”—advice he himself didn’t always follow, but wishes he had. Fans will be able to find this promo cut on new album It Ain’t My Fault, which as yet lacks a drop date. Keep it locked for the latest!
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll below to view Kahali’s A Letter to My Kids visual.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.