Since dropping off mixtape single and title track Castle Collectors back in June, the West Coast emcee formerly known as Mean Doe Green (and, before that, as Doey Rock) decided to continue his musical hustle under his birth name, Kahali Oden. And that’s not the only big change he’s experienced recently; this past Saturday, he welcomed a new baby girl into the world. The birth of his daughter offered him the occasion to reflect on the knowledge he’s accumulated during his time on this Earth, and on Letter to My Kids he shares the results of that introspection. Over Pete Space‘s pensive keys, Oden encourages his offspring to study hard, stick to their principles, and “stay prayed up”—advice he himself didn’t always follow, but wishes he had. Fans will be able to find this promo cut on new album It Ain’t My Fault, which as yet lacks a drop date. Keep it locked for the latest!
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll below to view Kahali’s A Letter to My Kids visual.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.