Since dropping off mixtape single and title track Castle Collectors back in June, the West Coast emcee formerly known as Mean Doe Green (and, before that, as Doey Rock) decided to continue his musical hustle under his birth name, Kahali Oden. And that’s not the only big change he’s experienced recently; this past Saturday, he welcomed a new baby girl into the world. The birth of his daughter offered him the occasion to reflect on the knowledge he’s accumulated during his time on this Earth, and on Letter to My Kids he shares the results of that introspection. Over Pete Space‘s pensive keys, Oden encourages his offspring to study hard, stick to their principles, and “stay prayed up”—advice he himself didn’t always follow, but wishes he had. Fans will be able to find this promo cut on new album It Ain’t My Fault, which as yet lacks a drop date. Keep it locked for the latest!
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll below to view Kahali’s A Letter to My Kids visual.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.