All That glitters may not be gold, as Kahali Oden observed on his last single, but that doesn’t mean the West Coast rhymesayer is averse to enjoying life’s finer things. On the contrary, he’s all for indulging in the occasional luxury—especially the kind of luxuries that come in a shot glass. 80 Proof Diaries finds the emcee washing away the stresses of the hustle with the help of his favorite spirits, including Crown Royal Canadian Whisky and Cabo Wabo tequila. The alcohol flowing through Olden’s system doesn’t stop him from excelling on the mic; over Willie Staxxx’ glossy samples, he showcases a flow that’s as precise as it is engaging. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on forthcoming street album It Ain’t My Fault, dropping digitally in July.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.