All That glitters may not be gold, as Kahali Oden observed on his last single, but that doesn’t mean the West Coast rhymesayer is averse to enjoying life’s finer things. On the contrary, he’s all for indulging in the occasional luxury—especially the kind of luxuries that come in a shot glass. 80 Proof Diaries finds the emcee washing away the stresses of the hustle with the help of his favorite spirits, including Crown Royal Canadian Whisky and Cabo Wabo tequila. The alcohol flowing through Olden’s system doesn’t stop him from excelling on the mic; over Willie Staxxx’ glossy samples, he showcases a flow that’s as precise as it is engaging. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on forthcoming street album It Ain’t My Fault, dropping digitally in July.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.