All That glitters may not be gold, as Kahali Oden observed on his last single, but that doesn’t mean the West Coast rhymesayer is averse to enjoying life’s finer things. On the contrary, he’s all for indulging in the occasional luxury—especially the kind of luxuries that come in a shot glass. 80 Proof Diaries finds the emcee washing away the stresses of the hustle with the help of his favorite spirits, including Crown Royal Canadian Whisky and Cabo Wabo tequila. The alcohol flowing through Olden’s system doesn’t stop him from excelling on the mic; over Willie Staxxx’ glossy samples, he showcases a flow that’s as precise as it is engaging. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on forthcoming street album It Ain’t My Fault, dropping digitally in July.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.