All That glitters may not be gold, as Kahali Oden observed on his last single, but that doesn’t mean the West Coast rhymesayer is averse to enjoying life’s finer things. On the contrary, he’s all for indulging in the occasional luxury—especially the kind of luxuries that come in a shot glass. 80 Proof Diaries finds the emcee washing away the stresses of the hustle with the help of his favorite spirits, including Crown Royal Canadian Whisky and Cabo Wabo tequila. The alcohol flowing through Olden’s system doesn’t stop him from excelling on the mic; over Willie Staxxx’ glossy samples, he showcases a flow that’s as precise as it is engaging. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on forthcoming street album It Ain’t My Fault, dropping digitally in July.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.