All That glitters may not be gold, as Kahali Oden observed on his last single, but that doesn’t mean the West Coast rhymesayer is averse to enjoying life’s finer things. On the contrary, he’s all for indulging in the occasional luxury—especially the kind of luxuries that come in a shot glass. 80 Proof Diaries finds the emcee washing away the stresses of the hustle with the help of his favorite spirits, including Crown Royal Canadian Whisky and Cabo Wabo tequila. The alcohol flowing through Olden’s system doesn’t stop him from excelling on the mic; over Willie Staxxx’ glossy samples, he showcases a flow that’s as precise as it is engaging. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on forthcoming street album It Ain’t My Fault, dropping digitally in July.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.