Bubblegum rappers beware! Kaboose and Royce Da 5’9” are not fans of you and what you’ve done to hip-hop. With years of experience pounding the pavement as a full-timer, the underground emcee is reaching for the next level on Goin’ Outta Control. On the mic, the Minnesota native urges the game to hold on to their souls, as the battle between good and evil plays out on wax. In-house production from sirROCDOMZ provides the foundation for the record, but for a track with the title ‘Goin’ Outta Control’ the bassline is awfully tame. With a new album, Excuse Me, hitting stores on October 14, however, Kaboose and his label, Syntax Records, are sitting pretty. As the ‘Net dominates the soundscape for people to get turned on to new music, Kaboose looks to be at the front of the train.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/1/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.