When it comes to hip-hop, rappers search far and wide for the right producer to work with. It’s like finding the right barber. Some give a really good cut but don’t say a word, others are your instantly your best friend but ruin your hair. Then you have a perfect barber: great quality, good customer service, always comes through and might even be a little overlooked. Well I’m guessing Booth favorite K. Sparks would agree that ATL beatmakers SMKA are in that last, rare category. It seems like every project the production team is behind they’re always on point and the Beat Thang-sponsored The Report is no different. Today’s feature, Wondering, is one of the choice cuts (pun intended) off the EP, complete with funky and space-aged production that gets your head nodding, although it’s Sparks’ flow gives that will send listeners to the chiropractor after a head-nodding overdose. If you were wondering whether or not you should download The Report, you should. So get to it right now, we promise it will leave you feeling good – kind of like a fresh new haircut.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.