When it comes to hip-hop, rappers search far and wide for the right producer to work with. It’s like finding the right barber. Some give a really good cut but don’t say a word, others are your instantly your best friend but ruin your hair. Then you have a perfect barber: great quality, good customer service, always comes through and might even be a little overlooked. Well I’m guessing Booth favorite K. Sparks would agree that ATL beatmakers SMKA are in that last, rare category. It seems like every project the production team is behind they’re always on point and the Beat Thang-sponsored The Report is no different. Today’s feature, Wondering, is one of the choice cuts (pun intended) off the EP, complete with funky and space-aged production that gets your head nodding, although it’s Sparks’ flow gives that will send listeners to the chiropractor after a head-nodding overdose. If you were wondering whether or not you should download The Report, you should. So get to it right now, we promise it will leave you feeling good – kind of like a fresh new haircut.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.