When it comes to hip-hop, rappers search far and wide for the right producer to work with. It’s like finding the right barber. Some give a really good cut but don’t say a word, others are your instantly your best friend but ruin your hair. Then you have a perfect barber: great quality, good customer service, always comes through and might even be a little overlooked. Well I’m guessing Booth favorite K. Sparks would agree that ATL beatmakers SMKA are in that last, rare category. It seems like every project the production team is behind they’re always on point and the Beat Thang-sponsored The Report is no different. Today’s feature, Wondering, is one of the choice cuts (pun intended) off the EP, complete with funky and space-aged production that gets your head nodding, although it’s Sparks’ flow gives that will send listeners to the chiropractor after a head-nodding overdose. If you were wondering whether or not you should download The Report, you should. So get to it right now, we promise it will leave you feeling good – kind of like a fresh new haircut.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.