When we featured K. Sparks’ eleventh Manic Mondays installment, Young Malcolm, last week, some listeners predicted that the emcee would be hard-pressed to top the record. This week, Sparks has done just that with a story of what he calls Visual Sound. Linking two separate stories (one of a woman tormented by sexual abuse, and the other of a man whose all-too-frequent long evenings result in the contraction of HIV), Sparks highlights the common result; the constant question of “Why me?” Over a low-toned, classic-sampled beat by T-Mos, Visual Sound proves Sparks’ true depth as an artist, and his message will undoubtedly make listeners think real hard.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by Burmy on 11/16/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.