When we featured K. Sparks’ eleventh Manic Mondays installment, Young Malcolm, last week, some listeners predicted that the emcee would be hard-pressed to top the record. This week, Sparks has done just that with a story of what he calls Visual Sound. Linking two separate stories (one of a woman tormented by sexual abuse, and the other of a man whose all-too-frequent long evenings result in the contraction of HIV), Sparks highlights the common result; the constant question of “Why me?” Over a low-toned, classic-sampled beat by T-Mos, Visual Sound proves Sparks’ true depth as an artist, and his message will undoubtedly make listeners think real hard.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by Burmy on 11/16/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)