When we featured K. Sparks’ eleventh Manic Mondays installment, Young Malcolm, last week, some listeners predicted that the emcee would be hard-pressed to top the record. This week, Sparks has done just that with a story of what he calls Visual Sound. Linking two separate stories (one of a woman tormented by sexual abuse, and the other of a man whose all-too-frequent long evenings result in the contraction of HIV), Sparks highlights the common result; the constant question of “Why me?” Over a low-toned, classic-sampled beat by T-Mos, Visual Sound proves Sparks’ true depth as an artist, and his message will undoubtedly make listeners think real hard.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by Burmy on 11/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.