When we featured K. Sparks’ eleventh Manic Mondays installment, Young Malcolm, last week, some listeners predicted that the emcee would be hard-pressed to top the record. This week, Sparks has done just that with a story of what he calls Visual Sound. Linking two separate stories (one of a woman tormented by sexual abuse, and the other of a man whose all-too-frequent long evenings result in the contraction of HIV), Sparks highlights the common result; the constant question of “Why me?” Over a low-toned, classic-sampled beat by T-Mos, Visual Sound proves Sparks’ true depth as an artist, and his message will undoubtedly make listeners think real hard.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by Burmy on 11/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.