Need a refresher course on what sets K. Sparks and his crew apart from the rest? Look no further – on Three Card Monte, the latest leak off his and frequent producer Pajozo‘s recently-released Soul Food mixtape, the Queens native lays it all on the table: “That’s me: best raps, flow of the year… sick tracks, throwin’ dough in the air. That’s them: Auto-Tune c**n, soundin’ the same… wack rappers always mess up the game.” Spitting over Pajozo’s mellow, sunny, summer breeze of a sampled beat, Sparks delivers on the hook’s promise and then some, while his collaborators, BK native Angelous (who, yeah, still sounds a little like Hova) and the gruffer JD (previously heard on the project’s title track, as well as his own True Dat) turn in equally impressive guest bars. Soul Food is out now and available for purchase on iTunes. Also, if you’re a K. Sparks fanatic and have yet to vote for Best of the Booth 2009, now’s the time to fill out your ballot; this year, the reader-acclaimed rhymesayer’s been nominated in a whopping five categories!
Written by richard on 12/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)