On the 26th installment of K. Sparks’ Manic Mondays series, the Queens native uses the metaphor of a Tattoo as a springboard into a discussion of America’s ongoing issues with race. As he addresses the poisonous subliminal messages our society sends African-American kids, the pervasiveness of racial profiling, and the police brutality suffered by Rodney King and Sean Bell, Sparks departs from his usual punchline-filled flow to bring listeners what is likely the most serious and focused Manic Monday cut to date, but the verbal agility that made him a Booth favorite still comes through loud and clear. Complete with jazzy, sampled production from frequent collaborator T-Mos (see the recent Genesis, among many others), Tattoo serves up plenty of style with its lyrical substance, and is sure to earn high praise from listeners all over the net.
Fans can view Sparks’ own video explanation of Tattoo here.
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.