If lousy pop music had the same deleterious effects on one’s physique as empty calories, I have a feeling we’d all be packing a few extra pounds (and I shudder to think what would happen to DJ Z, who gets to sift through hundreds of submissions to decide what will appear on our front page). Fortunately, we can always count on something tasty and nutritious from reader favorite K. Sparks, who serves up a heaping helping of Soul Food (minus the artery-clogging grease) on installment #39 of his Manic Mondays series. Inspired by Pajozo‘s brassy, soul-sampling instrumental, Sparks’ has joined forces with Hollis, NY emcee J.D. for some Little Brother-esque mic-passing action. While Sparks’ aggressive, wordplay-laced rhymes are as fresh as ever, J.D. proves more than able to keep up—spitting lines like “I predict that they’ll be sayin’ the clique made off with more money than Madoff made off with,” the indie up-and-comer is sure to make fans of the same lyrical heads who already hang on the headliner’s every word. Due out in the next few months, Sparks and Pajozo’s collaborative LP of the same name is sure to provide plenty more nourishing beats and rhymes—in the meantime, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest leaks.
Written by richard on 05/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)