If lousy pop music had the same deleterious effects on one’s physique as empty calories, I have a feeling we’d all be packing a few extra pounds (and I shudder to think what would happen to DJ Z, who gets to sift through hundreds of submissions to decide what will appear on our front page). Fortunately, we can always count on something tasty and nutritious from reader favorite K. Sparks, who serves up a heaping helping of Soul Food (minus the artery-clogging grease) on installment #39 of his Manic Mondays series. Inspired by Pajozo‘s brassy, soul-sampling instrumental, Sparks’ has joined forces with Hollis, NY emcee J.D. for some Little Brother-esque mic-passing action. While Sparks’ aggressive, wordplay-laced rhymes are as fresh as ever, J.D. proves more than able to keep up—spitting lines like “I predict that they’ll be sayin’ the clique made off with more money than Madoff made off with,” the indie up-and-comer is sure to make fans of the same lyrical heads who already hang on the headliner’s every word. Due out in the next few months, Sparks and Pajozo’s collaborative LP of the same name is sure to provide plenty more nourishing beats and rhymes—in the meantime, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest leaks.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 05/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.