Hip-hop loves a rags-to-riches story, so it’s no surprise that Slumdog Millionaire‘s become a rap touchstone, scoring countless name-drops and even inspiring a cut by the one and only Snoop Dogg. The latest artist to hit the Booth with a track referencing the Oscar-winning film is none other than reader favorite K. Sparks, whose latest feature (the sixth leak off his forthcoming, Booth-cosponsored mixtape) finds the Queens emcee and two frequent co-stars counting their Slum Dog Millions over Middle Eastern-informed synth boardwork by Double Up beatsmith Kurser. Hookman Julius Francis and guest emcee Dave Barz turn in performances worthy of a Best Supporting Actor nod, but it’s the headliner’s bars, packed with inventive, aggressively-delivered boasts, that will attract the lion’s share of Booth attention – especially since Sparks shouts out our own DJ Z in verse three (I was listening for someone to use the word “rich” so I could willfully misinterpret it as a reference to yours truly, but no dice). Super Senior is set to drop late this month. In the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest leaks!
Written by richard on 10/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.