Yesterday, reader favorite K. Sparks walked home with not one but two (figurative) Best of the Booth trophies: in addition to winning the reader vote for “Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent),” his Sunshine was the Staff pick for “Best Hip Hop Record (Unsigned/Independent).” Needless to say, the Queens emcee has some celebrating to do – and his latest feature, Rock the Party, is the perfect cut to kick off the festivities. Frequent Sparks collaborator T Mos handles production duties on this upbeat jam, weaving stop-start percussion and subtle synth accents around a chopped soul sample as the emcee spits a relentless stream of polysyllabically-rhymed lyrical fire (see: the too-complicated-to-quote front half of verse two). As usual, K. Sparks parties harder and smarter than the average emcee. For this track, BOOGNIGHTS’ reader-acclaimed Cheers!, and plenty more original material from the game’s most promising up-and-coming artists, check out Reupspot‘s New Slang mixtape, released today.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 01/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.