Yesterday, reader favorite K. Sparks walked home with not one but two (figurative) Best of the Booth trophies: in addition to winning the reader vote for “Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent),” his Sunshine was the Staff pick for “Best Hip Hop Record (Unsigned/Independent).” Needless to say, the Queens emcee has some celebrating to do – and his latest feature, Rock the Party, is the perfect cut to kick off the festivities. Frequent Sparks collaborator T Mos handles production duties on this upbeat jam, weaving stop-start percussion and subtle synth accents around a chopped soul sample as the emcee spits a relentless stream of polysyllabically-rhymed lyrical fire (see: the too-complicated-to-quote front half of verse two). As usual, K. Sparks parties harder and smarter than the average emcee. For this track, BOOGNIGHTS’ reader-acclaimed Cheers!, and plenty more original material from the game’s most promising up-and-coming artists, check out Reupspot‘s New Slang mixtape, released today.
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.