Yesterday, reader favorite K. Sparks walked home with not one but two (figurative) Best of the Booth trophies: in addition to winning the reader vote for “Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent),” his Sunshine was the Staff pick for “Best Hip Hop Record (Unsigned/Independent).” Needless to say, the Queens emcee has some celebrating to do – and his latest feature, Rock the Party, is the perfect cut to kick off the festivities. Frequent Sparks collaborator T Mos handles production duties on this upbeat jam, weaving stop-start percussion and subtle synth accents around a chopped soul sample as the emcee spits a relentless stream of polysyllabically-rhymed lyrical fire (see: the too-complicated-to-quote front half of verse two). As usual, K. Sparks parties harder and smarter than the average emcee. For this track, BOOGNIGHTS’ reader-acclaimed Cheers!, and plenty more original material from the game’s most promising up-and-coming artists, check out Reupspot‘s New Slang mixtape, released today.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 01/7/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.