Yesterday, reader favorite K. Sparks walked home with not one but two (figurative) Best of the Booth trophies: in addition to winning the reader vote for “Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent),” his Sunshine was the Staff pick for “Best Hip Hop Record (Unsigned/Independent).” Needless to say, the Queens emcee has some celebrating to do – and his latest feature, Rock the Party, is the perfect cut to kick off the festivities. Frequent Sparks collaborator T Mos handles production duties on this upbeat jam, weaving stop-start percussion and subtle synth accents around a chopped soul sample as the emcee spits a relentless stream of polysyllabically-rhymed lyrical fire (see: the too-complicated-to-quote front half of verse two). As usual, K. Sparks parties harder and smarter than the average emcee. For this track, BOOGNIGHTS’ reader-acclaimed Cheers!, and plenty more original material from the game’s most promising up-and-coming artists, check out Reupspot‘s New Slang mixtape, released today.
Written by richard on 01/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.