Hope you all have your pens and notebooks at the ready – Rap 101 is in session! Though the title of K. Sparks latest Booth feature, the first leak off a forthcoming street album by DJ Qvali, suggests an entry-level course, the Queens phenom doesn’t waste any time drilling the basics. On the contrary – after a profanity-laced intro, he dives right into the deep end, delivering a characteristically dazzling deluge of wordplay-laced boasts: “I got (w)raps like your local deli with the salads, I got (w)raps like the gas station with the Arabs, I got (w)raps like the mummies in the tombs of Egypt….” Qvali backs the Booth favorite’s edu-taining bars with a piano-led chopped-sample groove (which K. Sparks describes as having a “DJ Premiere vibe”), borrowing quotable lines from Capone-N-Noreaga‘s ‘s Invincible and Gang Starr’s DWYCK on the hook. Listeners with a thirst for knowledge (and high-quality hip-hop) should keep it locked for all the latest on Qvali’s forthcoming mixtape, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 12/20/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)