Hope you all have your pens and notebooks at the ready – Rap 101 is in session! Though the title of K. Sparks latest Booth feature, the first leak off a forthcoming street album by DJ Qvali, suggests an entry-level course, the Queens phenom doesn’t waste any time drilling the basics. On the contrary – after a profanity-laced intro, he dives right into the deep end, delivering a characteristically dazzling deluge of wordplay-laced boasts: “I got (w)raps like your local deli with the salads, I got (w)raps like the gas station with the Arabs, I got (w)raps like the mummies in the tombs of Egypt….” Qvali backs the Booth favorite’s edu-taining bars with a piano-led chopped-sample groove (which K. Sparks describes as having a “DJ Premiere vibe”), borrowing quotable lines from Capone-N-Noreaga‘s ‘s Invincible and Gang Starr’s DWYCK on the hook. Listeners with a thirst for knowledge (and high-quality hip-hop) should keep it locked for all the latest on Qvali’s forthcoming mixtape, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 12/20/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.