Hope you all have your pens and notebooks at the ready – Rap 101 is in session! Though the title of K. Sparks latest Booth feature, the first leak off a forthcoming street album by DJ Qvali, suggests an entry-level course, the Queens phenom doesn’t waste any time drilling the basics. On the contrary – after a profanity-laced intro, he dives right into the deep end, delivering a characteristically dazzling deluge of wordplay-laced boasts: “I got (w)raps like your local deli with the salads, I got (w)raps like the gas station with the Arabs, I got (w)raps like the mummies in the tombs of Egypt….” Qvali backs the Booth favorite’s edu-taining bars with a piano-led chopped-sample groove (which K. Sparks describes as having a “DJ Premiere vibe”), borrowing quotable lines from Capone-N-Noreaga‘s ‘s Invincible and Gang Starr’s DWYCK on the hook. Listeners with a thirst for knowledge (and high-quality hip-hop) should keep it locked for all the latest on Qvali’s forthcoming mixtape, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date.
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.