Hope you all have your pens and notebooks at the ready – Rap 101 is in session! Though the title of K. Sparks latest Booth feature, the first leak off a forthcoming street album by DJ Qvali, suggests an entry-level course, the Queens phenom doesn’t waste any time drilling the basics. On the contrary – after a profanity-laced intro, he dives right into the deep end, delivering a characteristically dazzling deluge of wordplay-laced boasts: “I got (w)raps like your local deli with the salads, I got (w)raps like the gas station with the Arabs, I got (w)raps like the mummies in the tombs of Egypt….” Qvali backs the Booth favorite’s edu-taining bars with a piano-led chopped-sample groove (which K. Sparks describes as having a “DJ Premiere vibe”), borrowing quotable lines from Capone-N-Noreaga‘s ‘s Invincible and Gang Starr’s DWYCK on the hook. Listeners with a thirst for knowledge (and high-quality hip-hop) should keep it locked for all the latest on Qvali’s forthcoming mixtape, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 12/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.