Hope you all have your pens and notebooks at the ready – Rap 101 is in session! Though the title of K. Sparks latest Booth feature, the first leak off a forthcoming street album by DJ Qvali, suggests an entry-level course, the Queens phenom doesn’t waste any time drilling the basics. On the contrary – after a profanity-laced intro, he dives right into the deep end, delivering a characteristically dazzling deluge of wordplay-laced boasts: “I got (w)raps like your local deli with the salads, I got (w)raps like the gas station with the Arabs, I got (w)raps like the mummies in the tombs of Egypt….” Qvali backs the Booth favorite’s edu-taining bars with a piano-led chopped-sample groove (which K. Sparks describes as having a “DJ Premiere vibe”), borrowing quotable lines from Capone-N-Noreaga‘s ‘s Invincible and Gang Starr’s DWYCK on the hook. Listeners with a thirst for knowledge (and high-quality hip-hop) should keep it locked for all the latest on Qvali’s forthcoming mixtape, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid release date.
Written by richard on 12/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.