It’s the beginning of another week and you know what that means… that’s right, the newest addition to K. Sparks’ listener-acclaimed Manic Mondays series has hit the Booth! While many of Sparks’ recent records find the emcee shifting to a harder flow (see Hard Lemonade), on #15, the Jamaica, Queens native takes it easy, gazing at the Rain outside. Bringing all that has troubled him out into the open, Sparks’ admits to being a victim of racial profiling. In-house producer Kurser accents Sparks’ melancholia with a piano-driven beat; though some might find it too slow, it serves its intended purpose as “mood music” for those who are feeling down. Don’t forget to check back Tuesday, when Sparks steps inside the DJ Booth for an exclusive interview.
Written by Burmy on 12/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.