It’s the beginning of another week and you know what that means… that’s right, the newest addition to K. Sparks’ listener-acclaimed Manic Mondays series has hit the Booth! While many of Sparks’ recent records find the emcee shifting to a harder flow (see Hard Lemonade), on #15, the Jamaica, Queens native takes it easy, gazing at the Rain outside. Bringing all that has troubled him out into the open, Sparks’ admits to being a victim of racial profiling. In-house producer Kurser accents Sparks’ melancholia with a piano-driven beat; though some might find it too slow, it serves its intended purpose as “mood music” for those who are feeling down. Don’t forget to check back Tuesday, when Sparks steps inside the DJ Booth for an exclusive interview.
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.