It’s the beginning of another week and you know what that means… that’s right, the newest addition to K. Sparks’ listener-acclaimed Manic Mondays series has hit the Booth! While many of Sparks’ recent records find the emcee shifting to a harder flow (see Hard Lemonade), on #15, the Jamaica, Queens native takes it easy, gazing at the Rain outside. Bringing all that has troubled him out into the open, Sparks’ admits to being a victim of racial profiling. In-house producer Kurser accents Sparks’ melancholia with a piano-driven beat; though some might find it too slow, it serves its intended purpose as “mood music” for those who are feeling down. Don’t forget to check back Tuesday, when Sparks steps inside the DJ Booth for an exclusive interview.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by Burmy on 12/7/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)