As a rapper who’s brought us a blazing-hot record every Sunday for 56 weeks and counting, not to mention having a backlog of nearly 250 unreleased cuts already in the can, K. Sparks has every right to scoff at emcees who claim to “put in work on the mic.” Simply put, his grind gives new meaning to the term “Overtime.” On the fifth official leak off his forthcoming, DJBooth.net-cosponsored mixtape, the Queens native rejoins forces with Life’s Too Short beatsmith Hannibal King for a hookless, punchline-packed lyrical free-for-all. Over King’s tunefully intense brass/bell sample, Sparks lets loose with over two full minutes’ worth of lyrical ammunition, delivering a characteristically dense mix of braggadocio, wordplay, and… consumer advocacy? (I’ve been pondering purchasing an Android handset but, after hearing him spit, “Now your ass ain’t retaining juice like the Google phone,” I’m motivated to do a little more research.) Super Seniors is set to drop in October – in the meantime, keep your browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest leaks.
Written by richard on 09/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)