Though the brothers Wachowski completely lost me with installments two and there of their Matrix trilogy, I’ll still contend that the original was one damned good action flick. Booth favorite K. Sparks clearly shares my opinion – the latest leak off his and Pajozo’s forthcoming Soul Food mixtape, is inspired by a recent DVD viewing of the ‘99 blockbuster. Sci-fi influence aside, though, The One is more of the laid-back, retro-informed K. Sparks listeners in the Booth and beyond have come to know and love. Pajozo’s lushly-sampled blend of strings, bells, and head-nodding percussion sets the mood for a chilled-out old-school jam, but K. Sparks’ free-associated verses are pure lyrical fire: “I got bars like the state pen, snakeskin, take ten, hatin’, lyrically I break men…” A banging appetizer that, as you might expect, rewards repeat spins, The One will doubtless leave Booth readers even hungrier for the musical feast Sparks and Pajozo will bring to the table on their new, collaborative mixtape, set to hit the ‘net on Thanksgiving (this Thursday, Nov 26).
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 11/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.