A Show Off K. Sparks may be, but the Queens rhymesayer’s not just in the game to flaunt his mic skills. Look beneath the braggadocious bluster and twisty flows, and you’ll see a man with a sharp critique of the world around him, and a vision for something better. On the second single off his next Booth-hosted street album, Sparks says what many in the hip-hop game and beyond have undoubtedly been thinking: “We need Leaders.” Flowing over Fero Navi‘s chopped, rockabilly-esque bassline, he pleads with listeners to tear themselves away from Love and Hip-Hop, forget about the wealth and shine, and begin using their critical thinking abilities to solve the many real problems—broken homes, rampant gun violence, et cetera…—currently crying out to be addressed. Heavy? You bet. But I have a feeling heads in the DJBooth will appreciate what the man has to say. Read Between the Lines has yet to receive a release date, but fans can keep it locked for more fresh, thought-provoking song releases leading up to its arrival before year’s end.
Written by richard on 09/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.