A Show Off K. Sparks may be, but the Queens rhymesayer’s not just in the game to flaunt his mic skills. Look beneath the braggadocious bluster and twisty flows, and you’ll see a man with a sharp critique of the world around him, and a vision for something better. On the second single off his next Booth-hosted street album, Sparks says what many in the hip-hop game and beyond have undoubtedly been thinking: “We need Leaders.” Flowing over Fero Navi‘s chopped, rockabilly-esque bassline, he pleads with listeners to tear themselves away from Love and Hip-Hop, forget about the wealth and shine, and begin using their critical thinking abilities to solve the many real problems—broken homes, rampant gun violence, et cetera…—currently crying out to be addressed. Heavy? You bet. But I have a feeling heads in the DJBooth will appreciate what the man has to say. Read Between the Lines has yet to receive a release date, but fans can keep it locked for more fresh, thought-provoking song releases leading up to its arrival before year’s end.
Written by richard on 09/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.