A Show Off K. Sparks may be, but the Queens rhymesayer’s not just in the game to flaunt his mic skills. Look beneath the braggadocious bluster and twisty flows, and you’ll see a man with a sharp critique of the world around him, and a vision for something better. On the second single off his next Booth-hosted street album, Sparks says what many in the hip-hop game and beyond have undoubtedly been thinking: “We need Leaders.” Flowing over Fero Navi‘s chopped, rockabilly-esque bassline, he pleads with listeners to tear themselves away from Love and Hip-Hop, forget about the wealth and shine, and begin using their critical thinking abilities to solve the many real problems—broken homes, rampant gun violence, et cetera…—currently crying out to be addressed. Heavy? You bet. But I have a feeling heads in the DJBooth will appreciate what the man has to say. Read Between the Lines has yet to receive a release date, but fans can keep it locked for more fresh, thought-provoking song releases leading up to its arrival before year’s end.
Written by richard on 09/7/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.