A Show Off K. Sparks may be, but the Queens rhymesayer’s not just in the game to flaunt his mic skills. Look beneath the braggadocious bluster and twisty flows, and you’ll see a man with a sharp critique of the world around him, and a vision for something better. On the second single off his next Booth-hosted street album, Sparks says what many in the hip-hop game and beyond have undoubtedly been thinking: “We need Leaders.” Flowing over Fero Navi‘s chopped, rockabilly-esque bassline, he pleads with listeners to tear themselves away from Love and Hip-Hop, forget about the wealth and shine, and begin using their critical thinking abilities to solve the many real problems—broken homes, rampant gun violence, et cetera…—currently crying out to be addressed. Heavy? You bet. But I have a feeling heads in the DJBooth will appreciate what the man has to say. Read Between the Lines has yet to receive a release date, but fans can keep it locked for more fresh, thought-provoking song releases leading up to its arrival before year’s end.
Written by richard on 09/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.