If K. Sparks weren’t already so busy, I think he could make some extra scratch teaching courses in time management and efficiency. As those familiar with his extensive Booth history are aware, the guy can really Keep [it] Movin when it comes to churning out dope music. For his latest feat of superhuman productivity, the artist’s preparing to drop a full-length album recorded, from front to back, in 24 hours. Did the strict time constraint cramp his style? Not a bit, judging by the project’s lead single. Making its world premiere in the Booth, this track finds the Queens rapper flowing over the laid-back, bluesy boardwork of G.C., showing off his knack for off-the-cuff punchlines with laugh-out-loud quotables like: “Call me Captain Kirk, got lots of freaks in my whip.” Sean Price (a.k.a. Ruck of Heltah Skeltah) backs the headliner up with a hard-hitting, equally allusive middle verse, and frequent Sparks collaborator Julius Francis ties the whole package together with one of his catchiest hooks to date. Those digging this track will have the opportunity to experience A Day in the Life of K. Sparks on the hardworking emcee’s latest LP, due out March 3.
Written by richard on 02/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.