If the music industry were, say, a video arcade full of the ‘80s classics, K. Sparks’ initials would likely top the high score list of every machine in the house. Simply put, he’s got the skills. In reality, unfortunately, it’s more like a ring toss at your local carnival midway: flashy and inviting, possibly rigged, and run by individuals one may or may not be able to trust (No offense to any label execs or carnies reading). Of course, Sparks is driven to elevate his game in spite of the haters and the industry’s non-meritocratic nature, and I Know finds him once again annihilating the competition with acrobatic ease. Like many of his recent features, Manic Monday #45 spotlights the rapper’s expanding array of head-spinning flows, and Kurser‘s uptempo mix of clipped percussion and videogamey synths perfectly accents his unpredictable rhymes. Packed with tightly-wound punchline lyricism, this track showcases restless creativity from both contributors, and, topped off with a few memorable vocal effects, proves one of the catchier MM entries in recent memory. Tune in every Sunday evening/Monday for the latest tracks in Sparks’ ongoing series, and watch for his and Angelous’ Queens vs. Brooklyn mixtape to hit our blog in the next two weeks.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 07/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.