If the music industry were, say, a video arcade full of the ‘80s classics, K. Sparks’ initials would likely top the high score list of every machine in the house. Simply put, he’s got the skills. In reality, unfortunately, it’s more like a ring toss at your local carnival midway: flashy and inviting, possibly rigged, and run by individuals one may or may not be able to trust (No offense to any label execs or carnies reading). Of course, Sparks is driven to elevate his game in spite of the haters and the industry’s non-meritocratic nature, and I Know finds him once again annihilating the competition with acrobatic ease. Like many of his recent features, Manic Monday #45 spotlights the rapper’s expanding array of head-spinning flows, and Kurser‘s uptempo mix of clipped percussion and videogamey synths perfectly accents his unpredictable rhymes. Packed with tightly-wound punchline lyricism, this track showcases restless creativity from both contributors, and, topped off with a few memorable vocal effects, proves one of the catchier MM entries in recent memory. Tune in every Sunday evening/Monday for the latest tracks in Sparks’ ongoing series, and watch for his and Angelous’ Queens vs. Brooklyn mixtape to hit our blog in the next two weeks.
Written by richard on 07/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)