In his exclusive interview with our own DJ Z, K. Sparks revealed that his lyrical well tends to run dry when he’s low on inspiring beats. Such was the case when Sparks came up with the idea for Manic Monday number 24; after putting down his pen to watch some bootleg DVDs, he came across a Samuel L. Jackson flick in which the actor states that he is the Genesis (anyone know what movie that could be?). Struck by inspiration, Sparks sat down to check his inbox, and found a brand new beat by T-Mos; the rest, as they say, is history. Over the Darkside producer’s cinematic, tension-fraught instrumental, the Queens emcee puts a Biblical spin on the aggressive, punchline-driven bravado that has become his trademark. Though Rap Saviors saw Sparks expressing messianic ambitions, the emcee defines himself here as half angel and half demon, crafting a possibly blasphemous but definitely dope record that will have listeners waiting with bated breath for his next set of lyrical revelations.
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.