In his exclusive interview with our own DJ Z, K. Sparks revealed that his lyrical well tends to run dry when he’s low on inspiring beats. Such was the case when Sparks came up with the idea for Manic Monday number 24; after putting down his pen to watch some bootleg DVDs, he came across a Samuel L. Jackson flick in which the actor states that he is the Genesis (anyone know what movie that could be?). Struck by inspiration, Sparks sat down to check his inbox, and found a brand new beat by T-Mos; the rest, as they say, is history. Over the Darkside producer’s cinematic, tension-fraught instrumental, the Queens emcee puts a Biblical spin on the aggressive, punchline-driven bravado that has become his trademark. Though Rap Saviors saw Sparks expressing messianic ambitions, the emcee defines himself here as half angel and half demon, crafting a possibly blasphemous but definitely dope record that will have listeners waiting with bated breath for his next set of lyrical revelations.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 02/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.