In his exclusive interview with our own DJ Z, K. Sparks revealed that his lyrical well tends to run dry when he’s low on inspiring beats. Such was the case when Sparks came up with the idea for Manic Monday number 24; after putting down his pen to watch some bootleg DVDs, he came across a Samuel L. Jackson flick in which the actor states that he is the Genesis (anyone know what movie that could be?). Struck by inspiration, Sparks sat down to check his inbox, and found a brand new beat by T-Mos; the rest, as they say, is history. Over the Darkside producer’s cinematic, tension-fraught instrumental, the Queens emcee puts a Biblical spin on the aggressive, punchline-driven bravado that has become his trademark. Though Rap Saviors saw Sparks expressing messianic ambitions, the emcee defines himself here as half angel and half demon, crafting a possibly blasphemous but definitely dope record that will have listeners waiting with bated breath for his next set of lyrical revelations.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 02/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)