To quote the artist himself, K. Sparks’ goal in undertaking the Manic Mondays series has been to “cover every possible topic within 52 weeks.” Thirty entries into the series, the emcee seems to be doing pretty damned well—after touching upon everything from race, politics, and economics to the nature of Music itself, what is there left to rhyme about? Well, in entry number 31, Sparks tackles a universal topic that’s he’s held off discussing thus far—namely, that of romance. In giving listeners a whirlwind tour of his past Relationships, the emcee follows a formula that’s far from new, but one that can yield spectacular cuts when approached with the right mix of humor and nostalgia. Sparks, of course, provides plenty of the former in his verses, and DJ Bobby Bob‘s wistful jazz chords, as well as Jersey singer Teau Johnson‘s soulful hook and guest verses, take care of the latter. In addition to two impending street releases entitled The Red Tape and The Blue Tape, Sparks is currently working on Positive Over Negative, a project produced entirely by Bobby Bob.
Written by richard on 03/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.