Can you really have “too much of a good thing?” When it comes to Booth-exclusive, dream-team collabos, the answer is clearly “Hell no!” Thus, we’re proud to present another lyrically-driven banger from the powerhouse duo who brought us Turn My Light On just last week. On No Competition, Manic Mondays emcee K. Sparks (who takes top billing this time around) and style-hopping Brooklynite Pay$0z rejoin forces to bring us something different, but equally dope. Fari Navo‘s ominous, string-heavy war march of a beat sets the stage for lyrical slaughter, and the underground emcees match his orchestral bombast with some fittingly hard-hitting rhymes. Sparks sets his sights high, forgoing the easy targets to take aim at some of hip-hop’s current Goliaths—even if you don’t agree that he’s as dope as “10 Eminems” it’s hard not to admire the agility with which he delivers his audacious boasts. Pay keeps a cooler head, spitting a drier brand of punchline lyricism that impressed me more with each listen. Watch for Pay$0z’ Booth-cosponsored Against the Grain LP to hit our front page this summer, and tune in every Monday for new entries in Sparks’ ongoing series.
Written by richard on 06/3/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.