Can you really have “too much of a good thing?” When it comes to Booth-exclusive, dream-team collabos, the answer is clearly “Hell no!” Thus, we’re proud to present another lyrically-driven banger from the powerhouse duo who brought us Turn My Light On just last week. On No Competition, Manic Mondays emcee K. Sparks (who takes top billing this time around) and style-hopping Brooklynite Pay$0z rejoin forces to bring us something different, but equally dope. Fari Navo‘s ominous, string-heavy war march of a beat sets the stage for lyrical slaughter, and the underground emcees match his orchestral bombast with some fittingly hard-hitting rhymes. Sparks sets his sights high, forgoing the easy targets to take aim at some of hip-hop’s current Goliaths—even if you don’t agree that he’s as dope as “10 Eminems” it’s hard not to admire the agility with which he delivers his audacious boasts. Pay keeps a cooler head, spitting a drier brand of punchline lyricism that impressed me more with each listen. Watch for Pay$0z’ Booth-cosponsored Against the Grain LP to hit our front page this summer, and tune in every Monday for new entries in Sparks’ ongoing series.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.