Last Manic Monday, K. Sparks sounded a little melancholy as he pondered whether there was really a Purpose behind his struggles. Installment number 20, however, finds him back in fighting form and ready to take whoever will accompany him on a journey to the Darkside. Opening with the oft-quoted snippet of dialogue from Reservoir Dogs’ Mr. Blonde, “Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, [or are you gonna bite]?” the record finds Sparks and his Spittaz II partner in rhyme, Nova, doing plenty of both. T-Mos (who also handled production duties on Spittaz II, Visual Sound, and Young Malcolm) provides a dramatic, piano-driven beat over which both emcees go just as hard as you’d expect – Nova notably compares his 16 [bars] to a semiautomatic M-16, while Sparks spits a verse dense with references, name-dropping everything from popular teppanyaki chain Benihana’s to Barney the dinosaur. After 20 weeks of new material, Sparks is still going strong – we can only guess where he’ll take us on Manic Monday number 21.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 01/11/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.