Last Manic Monday, K. Sparks sounded a little melancholy as he pondered whether there was really a Purpose behind his struggles. Installment number 20, however, finds him back in fighting form and ready to take whoever will accompany him on a journey to the Darkside. Opening with the oft-quoted snippet of dialogue from Reservoir Dogs’ Mr. Blonde, “Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, [or are you gonna bite]?” the record finds Sparks and his Spittaz II partner in rhyme, Nova, doing plenty of both. T-Mos (who also handled production duties on Spittaz II, Visual Sound, and Young Malcolm) provides a dramatic, piano-driven beat over which both emcees go just as hard as you’d expect – Nova notably compares his 16 [bars] to a semiautomatic M-16, while Sparks spits a verse dense with references, name-dropping everything from popular teppanyaki chain Benihana’s to Barney the dinosaur. After 20 weeks of new material, Sparks is still going strong – we can only guess where he’ll take us on Manic Monday number 21.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 01/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.