Last Manic Monday, K. Sparks sounded a little melancholy as he pondered whether there was really a Purpose behind his struggles. Installment number 20, however, finds him back in fighting form and ready to take whoever will accompany him on a journey to the Darkside. Opening with the oft-quoted snippet of dialogue from Reservoir Dogs’ Mr. Blonde, “Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, [or are you gonna bite]?” the record finds Sparks and his Spittaz II partner in rhyme, Nova, doing plenty of both. T-Mos (who also handled production duties on Spittaz II, Visual Sound, and Young Malcolm) provides a dramatic, piano-driven beat over which both emcees go just as hard as you’d expect – Nova notably compares his 16 [bars] to a semiautomatic M-16, while Sparks spits a verse dense with references, name-dropping everything from popular teppanyaki chain Benihana’s to Barney the dinosaur. After 20 weeks of new material, Sparks is still going strong – we can only guess where he’ll take us on Manic Monday number 21.
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.