Picnickers beware: someone’s coming to ruin your good time, and it isn’t Yogi Bear. Bang Out, installment #44 in K. Sparks Manic Mondays series, can best be described as the anti-summer jam—threatening to grab your blankets, drink all your lemonade, and make off with your cash, the Queens emcee kick-starts a cut that couldn’t be less suited to a lazy afternoon spent soaking up the sun. If you need to get amped up for an evening of utter destruction, though, this is most assuredly your jam. Pick ‘Em Out producer Mark Henry‘s maniacal boardwork, which backs a chromatic organ groove with bone-crushing percussion and twitchy blues-guitar riffs, sets the stage for some of the Booth-favorite’s most aggressive rhymes to date, and Long Island up-and-comer Lee Kid matches his lyrical ultraviolence with a venom-dripping middle verse. The end result is sort of terrifying, but what’s really awe-inspiring is Sparks’ thematic range; whether you want to laugh, cry, daydream, dance, or, in this case, f**k up someone’s picnic, he’s got a record for you. Now that’s versatility.
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.