Picnickers beware: someone’s coming to ruin your good time, and it isn’t Yogi Bear. Bang Out, installment #44 in K. Sparks Manic Mondays series, can best be described as the anti-summer jam—threatening to grab your blankets, drink all your lemonade, and make off with your cash, the Queens emcee kick-starts a cut that couldn’t be less suited to a lazy afternoon spent soaking up the sun. If you need to get amped up for an evening of utter destruction, though, this is most assuredly your jam. Pick ‘Em Out producer Mark Henry‘s maniacal boardwork, which backs a chromatic organ groove with bone-crushing percussion and twitchy blues-guitar riffs, sets the stage for some of the Booth-favorite’s most aggressive rhymes to date, and Long Island up-and-comer Lee Kid matches his lyrical ultraviolence with a venom-dripping middle verse. The end result is sort of terrifying, but what’s really awe-inspiring is Sparks’ thematic range; whether you want to laugh, cry, daydream, dance, or, in this case, f**k up someone’s picnic, he’s got a record for you. Now that’s versatility.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 06/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.