Picnickers beware: someone’s coming to ruin your good time, and it isn’t Yogi Bear. Bang Out, installment #44 in K. Sparks Manic Mondays series, can best be described as the anti-summer jam—threatening to grab your blankets, drink all your lemonade, and make off with your cash, the Queens emcee kick-starts a cut that couldn’t be less suited to a lazy afternoon spent soaking up the sun. If you need to get amped up for an evening of utter destruction, though, this is most assuredly your jam. Pick ‘Em Out producer Mark Henry‘s maniacal boardwork, which backs a chromatic organ groove with bone-crushing percussion and twitchy blues-guitar riffs, sets the stage for some of the Booth-favorite’s most aggressive rhymes to date, and Long Island up-and-comer Lee Kid matches his lyrical ultraviolence with a venom-dripping middle verse. The end result is sort of terrifying, but what’s really awe-inspiring is Sparks’ thematic range; whether you want to laugh, cry, daydream, dance, or, in this case, f**k up someone’s picnic, he’s got a record for you. Now that’s versatility.
Written by richard on 06/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.