Throughout his Manic Mondays series, K. Sparks has demonstrated a willingness to ruffle the feathers of, well, just about everyone, and nowhere has this been more apparent than last week’s entry, Genesis, on which the Queens rapper made a case for his own half-angel, half-demon lineage. Installment number 25, My City, sees the emcee’s feet once again planted firmly on the streets, but heads hungry for lyrical controversy will not be disappointed – one of the first lines out of his mouth is a Chris Brown name-drop that will have many listeners picking their lower jaws up off the floor. Corey Jackson‘s beat, centered around subdued, tension-building percussion, allows Sparks’ lyrical barbs to take center stage, while Julius Francis backs the rapper up with a melodic hook. After 25 weeks of new material, K. Sparks is still able turn heads and raise eyebrows – can he outdo himself once again on number 26?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.