Throughout his Manic Mondays series, K. Sparks has demonstrated a willingness to ruffle the feathers of, well, just about everyone, and nowhere has this been more apparent than last week’s entry, Genesis, on which the Queens rapper made a case for his own half-angel, half-demon lineage. Installment number 25, My City, sees the emcee’s feet once again planted firmly on the streets, but heads hungry for lyrical controversy will not be disappointed – one of the first lines out of his mouth is a Chris Brown name-drop that will have many listeners picking their lower jaws up off the floor. Corey Jackson‘s beat, centered around subdued, tension-building percussion, allows Sparks’ lyrical barbs to take center stage, while Julius Francis backs the rapper up with a melodic hook. After 25 weeks of new material, K. Sparks is still able turn heads and raise eyebrows – can he outdo himself once again on number 26?
Written by richard on 02/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.