Throughout his Manic Mondays series, K. Sparks has demonstrated a willingness to ruffle the feathers of, well, just about everyone, and nowhere has this been more apparent than last week’s entry, Genesis, on which the Queens rapper made a case for his own half-angel, half-demon lineage. Installment number 25, My City, sees the emcee’s feet once again planted firmly on the streets, but heads hungry for lyrical controversy will not be disappointed – one of the first lines out of his mouth is a Chris Brown name-drop that will have many listeners picking their lower jaws up off the floor. Corey Jackson‘s beat, centered around subdued, tension-building percussion, allows Sparks’ lyrical barbs to take center stage, while Julius Francis backs the rapper up with a melodic hook. After 25 weeks of new material, K. Sparks is still able turn heads and raise eyebrows – can he outdo himself once again on number 26?
Written by richard on 02/15/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)