Throughout his Manic Mondays series, K. Sparks has demonstrated a willingness to ruffle the feathers of, well, just about everyone, and nowhere has this been more apparent than last week’s entry, Genesis, on which the Queens rapper made a case for his own half-angel, half-demon lineage. Installment number 25, My City, sees the emcee’s feet once again planted firmly on the streets, but heads hungry for lyrical controversy will not be disappointed – one of the first lines out of his mouth is a Chris Brown name-drop that will have many listeners picking their lower jaws up off the floor. Corey Jackson‘s beat, centered around subdued, tension-building percussion, allows Sparks’ lyrical barbs to take center stage, while Julius Francis backs the rapper up with a melodic hook. After 25 weeks of new material, K. Sparks is still able turn heads and raise eyebrows – can he outdo himself once again on number 26?
Written by richard on 02/15/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.