There’s no better way to deal with stress and self-doubt than channeling your frustrations into art—it’s definitely more satisfying than punching a hole in your bedroom wall, and much more likely to impress others. On Let It Fly, Manic Monday #48, K. Sparks explains that, though he has as many problems as the next guy, they all seem to melt away when he steps up to the mic. Coasting over G.C.‘s narcotically jazzy sampled boardwork, complete with reverb-drenched hook and backing vocals by frequent collaborator Julius Francis, the Queens emcee lets his words take wing, and the results are, unsurprisingly, spectacular—packing his expressionistic verses with internal rhyme-driven gems like “In tabernacles, I battle rappers and shatter shackles...”, Sparks turns in a subtly dizzying performance that will leave few lyrical heads unimpressed. This hypnotic track is about as relaxing as it gets; simply put on on your headphones, close your eyes, and let your troubles drift away—of course, if that doesn’t do the trick, you could always try taking your frustration out on some unsuspecting picnickers.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.