This coming Sunday, K. Sparks will conclude Manic Mondays, the weekly series that cemented the Queens native’s status as one of the Booth’s favorite underground emcees. Listeners might assume that dropping 52 dope records in as many weeks would be a difficult task, and that would be partially true—the hardest part, however, wasn’t keeping up the pace, but sifting through his massive pile of unreleased cuts to find the best of the best (in his words: “I have 248 records recorded and not released.”). To ease his backlog, Sparks decided to drop a bonus track in addition to week 51’s entry, Stolen. Here, Sparks teams up with Double Up, Ent. labelmate Dave Barz to put the Pressure on all who think they can out-flow him. Complete with a Kurser-produced beat reminiscent of Kanye’s early-00s work, this track would be an ideal street single were Sparks to sign a major distribution deal. Fans of the Double Up crew should keep it locked to our front page—Dave Barz will be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive freestyle once our series resumes in September.
Written by Burmy on 08/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.