This coming Sunday, K. Sparks will conclude Manic Mondays, the weekly series that cemented the Queens native’s status as one of the Booth’s favorite underground emcees. Listeners might assume that dropping 52 dope records in as many weeks would be a difficult task, and that would be partially true—the hardest part, however, wasn’t keeping up the pace, but sifting through his massive pile of unreleased cuts to find the best of the best (in his words: “I have 248 records recorded and not released.”). To ease his backlog, Sparks decided to drop a bonus track in addition to week 51’s entry, Stolen. Here, Sparks teams up with Double Up, Ent. labelmate Dave Barz to put the Pressure on all who think they can out-flow him. Complete with a Kurser-produced beat reminiscent of Kanye’s early-00s work, this track would be an ideal street single were Sparks to sign a major distribution deal. Fans of the Double Up crew should keep it locked to our front page—Dave Barz will be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive freestyle once our series resumes in September.
Written by Burmy on 08/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)