This coming Sunday, K. Sparks will conclude Manic Mondays, the weekly series that cemented the Queens native’s status as one of the Booth’s favorite underground emcees. Listeners might assume that dropping 52 dope records in as many weeks would be a difficult task, and that would be partially true—the hardest part, however, wasn’t keeping up the pace, but sifting through his massive pile of unreleased cuts to find the best of the best (in his words: “I have 248 records recorded and not released.”). To ease his backlog, Sparks decided to drop a bonus track in addition to week 51’s entry, Stolen. Here, Sparks teams up with Double Up, Ent. labelmate Dave Barz to put the Pressure on all who think they can out-flow him. Complete with a Kurser-produced beat reminiscent of Kanye’s early-00s work, this track would be an ideal street single were Sparks to sign a major distribution deal. Fans of the Double Up crew should keep it locked to our front page—Dave Barz will be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive freestyle once our series resumes in September.
Written by Burmy on 08/17/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.