This coming Sunday, K. Sparks will conclude Manic Mondays, the weekly series that cemented the Queens native’s status as one of the Booth’s favorite underground emcees. Listeners might assume that dropping 52 dope records in as many weeks would be a difficult task, and that would be partially true—the hardest part, however, wasn’t keeping up the pace, but sifting through his massive pile of unreleased cuts to find the best of the best (in his words: “I have 248 records recorded and not released.”). To ease his backlog, Sparks decided to drop a bonus track in addition to week 51’s entry, Stolen. Here, Sparks teams up with Double Up, Ent. labelmate Dave Barz to put the Pressure on all who think they can out-flow him. Complete with a Kurser-produced beat reminiscent of Kanye’s early-00s work, this track would be an ideal street single were Sparks to sign a major distribution deal. Fans of the Double Up crew should keep it locked to our front page—Dave Barz will be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive freestyle once our series resumes in September.
Written by Burmy on 08/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.