From our vantage point, K. Sparks’ Manic Mondays series has been an unmitigated success; with his weekly releases consistently earning four and five-star ratings in the Booth, it’s easy to assume that Sparks is one of the rare emcees who doesn’t have to worry about haters bringing him down. This is, of course, untrue; there are always doubters, and Sparks spends installment 22 telling his to get the F*ck Outta Here. While this record is dedicated to the skeptics, the righteous anger with which Sparks rides Big Drew‘s lurching beat will be music to fans’ ears, and the incorporation of an equally vicious a cappella verse by Long Beach veteran Crooked I completes this full-scale assault on hater-dom. The lyrical artillery brought to bear on F*ck Outta Here is on-point enough to turn some critics into true believers, and the rest are sure to think twice before opening their mouths.
Written by richard on 01/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.