From our vantage point, K. Sparks’ Manic Mondays series has been an unmitigated success; with his weekly releases consistently earning four and five-star ratings in the Booth, it’s easy to assume that Sparks is one of the rare emcees who doesn’t have to worry about haters bringing him down. This is, of course, untrue; there are always doubters, and Sparks spends installment 22 telling his to get the F*ck Outta Here. While this record is dedicated to the skeptics, the righteous anger with which Sparks rides Big Drew‘s lurching beat will be music to fans’ ears, and the incorporation of an equally vicious a cappella verse by Long Beach veteran Crooked I completes this full-scale assault on hater-dom. The lyrical artillery brought to bear on F*ck Outta Here is on-point enough to turn some critics into true believers, and the rest are sure to think twice before opening their mouths.
Written by richard on 01/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)