Though last week’s Tattoo, a frank discussion of race that found K. Sparks at his most serious, was hailed by Booth reviewers as one of his best cuts to date, few will be disappointed to hear that Manic Monday number 27 marks the return of the witty, aggressive K. Sparks we’ve come to know and love. Between the Queens native’s two densely-packed verses, fellow Rap Savior Angelous jumps in to spit his own high-rolling, Trump-referencing 16 (I’ll refrain from making the obvious Jay-Z comparison—whoops, I just made it). Back Down collaborator Dave Barz provides a chilly, arpeggiated beat that gives both emcees plenty of room to breathe, and caps things off with a catchy vocal sample. In addition to being included on the Manic Mondays Vol. 2 mixtape (set to drop alongside entry number 34), this cut will be featured on Sparks and Angelous’ forthcoming Queens vs. Brooklyn mixtape, due out in the next few weeks.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.