Though last week’s Tattoo, a frank discussion of race that found K. Sparks at his most serious, was hailed by Booth reviewers as one of his best cuts to date, few will be disappointed to hear that Manic Monday number 27 marks the return of the witty, aggressive K. Sparks we’ve come to know and love. Between the Queens native’s two densely-packed verses, fellow Rap Savior Angelous jumps in to spit his own high-rolling, Trump-referencing 16 (I’ll refrain from making the obvious Jay-Z comparison—whoops, I just made it). Back Down collaborator Dave Barz provides a chilly, arpeggiated beat that gives both emcees plenty of room to breathe, and caps things off with a catchy vocal sample. In addition to being included on the Manic Mondays Vol. 2 mixtape (set to drop alongside entry number 34), this cut will be featured on Sparks and Angelous’ forthcoming Queens vs. Brooklyn mixtape, due out in the next few weeks.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.