Though last week’s Tattoo, a frank discussion of race that found K. Sparks at his most serious, was hailed by Booth reviewers as one of his best cuts to date, few will be disappointed to hear that Manic Monday number 27 marks the return of the witty, aggressive K. Sparks we’ve come to know and love. Between the Queens native’s two densely-packed verses, fellow Rap Savior Angelous jumps in to spit his own high-rolling, Trump-referencing 16 (I’ll refrain from making the obvious Jay-Z comparison—whoops, I just made it). Back Down collaborator Dave Barz provides a chilly, arpeggiated beat that gives both emcees plenty of room to breathe, and caps things off with a catchy vocal sample. In addition to being included on the Manic Mondays Vol. 2 mixtape (set to drop alongside entry number 34), this cut will be featured on Sparks and Angelous’ forthcoming Queens vs. Brooklyn mixtape, due out in the next few weeks.
Written by richard on 03/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.