Booth favorite K. Sparks has never been shy about asserting his on-the-mic supremacy, but he’s also more willing than most to speak on the self-doubt that comes with chasing a big dream. On this unreleased track, the Queens native gives us both sides of the story, explaining his complex, sometimes conflicted Feelings on the artistic grind. Backed by producer Marvel‘s mellow, piano-led sample, Sparks delivers characteristically nuanced verses, expressing his frustration but leaving no doubt about his will to succeed: “I’m feelin’ less determined, feelin’ more discouraged, but even in that word alone you find the word ‘courage.’” This reflective cut isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but fans can hear more on Sparks and Pajozo‘s new Soul Food mixtape, available now for purchase on iTunes. Also, be sure to check back with us on Wednesday, when we unveil your picks for 2009’s Best of the Booth Awards; K. Sparks is in the running for a whopping five categories.
Written by richard on 01/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.