Though writing’s more my forte, I’ve been know to spit the occasional freestyle among close friends (who won’t laugh me out of the room). Lately, though, I’ve been thinking that an online-only series might be my ticket to rap superstardom—at least, I was thinking that till K. Sparks‘s 28th Manic Mondays entry brought me crashing down to earth. Lamenting the fact that Everybody Has a Series, the Queens rapper lyrically eviscerates all the “bandwagon n*ggas” who have no business being within a hundred feet of a microphone, but think that they can get some shine by copying their betters’ promotional strategies. As always, Sparks sets the bar high with witty, aggressive verses, this time over a slow-burning, sampled beat by Rewind and Hip-Hop President producer Kurser. After weeks of typing “K. Sparks killed it yet again,” I think I’m developing carpal tunnel syndrome, but it must be said—this cut should be required listening for prospective series-starters.
Written by richard on 03/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.