Though writing’s more my forte, I’ve been know to spit the occasional freestyle among close friends (who won’t laugh me out of the room). Lately, though, I’ve been thinking that an online-only series might be my ticket to rap superstardom—at least, I was thinking that till K. Sparks‘s 28th Manic Mondays entry brought me crashing down to earth. Lamenting the fact that Everybody Has a Series, the Queens rapper lyrically eviscerates all the “bandwagon n*ggas” who have no business being within a hundred feet of a microphone, but think that they can get some shine by copying their betters’ promotional strategies. As always, Sparks sets the bar high with witty, aggressive verses, this time over a slow-burning, sampled beat by Rewind and Hip-Hop President producer Kurser. After weeks of typing “K. Sparks killed it yet again,” I think I’m developing carpal tunnel syndrome, but it must be said—this cut should be required listening for prospective series-starters.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 03/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.