Though writing’s more my forte, I’ve been know to spit the occasional freestyle among close friends (who won’t laugh me out of the room). Lately, though, I’ve been thinking that an online-only series might be my ticket to rap superstardom—at least, I was thinking that till K. Sparks‘s 28th Manic Mondays entry brought me crashing down to earth. Lamenting the fact that Everybody Has a Series, the Queens rapper lyrically eviscerates all the “bandwagon n*ggas” who have no business being within a hundred feet of a microphone, but think that they can get some shine by copying their betters’ promotional strategies. As always, Sparks sets the bar high with witty, aggressive verses, this time over a slow-burning, sampled beat by Rewind and Hip-Hop President producer Kurser. After weeks of typing “K. Sparks killed it yet again,” I think I’m developing carpal tunnel syndrome, but it must be said—this cut should be required listening for prospective series-starters.
Written by richard on 03/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.