Though writing’s more my forte, I’ve been know to spit the occasional freestyle among close friends (who won’t laugh me out of the room). Lately, though, I’ve been thinking that an online-only series might be my ticket to rap superstardom—at least, I was thinking that till K. Sparks‘s 28th Manic Mondays entry brought me crashing down to earth. Lamenting the fact that Everybody Has a Series, the Queens rapper lyrically eviscerates all the “bandwagon n*ggas” who have no business being within a hundred feet of a microphone, but think that they can get some shine by copying their betters’ promotional strategies. As always, Sparks sets the bar high with witty, aggressive verses, this time over a slow-burning, sampled beat by Rewind and Hip-Hop President producer Kurser. After weeks of typing “K. Sparks killed it yet again,” I think I’m developing carpal tunnel syndrome, but it must be said—this cut should be required listening for prospective series-starters.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 03/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.