K. Sparks’ Christian faith isn’t typically the overt topic of his rhymes, but if you do as the title of his new album says and Read Between the Lines, you’ll find that it’s one of the driving forces behind his lyrical outlook. On Dreamer, a freshly-released standout off the aforementioned project, that subtext is brought into the foreground. Backed by Sean Ross’ brass fanfare and driving percussion, the Queens repper and longtime reader fave tells the stories of two struggling individuals who found relief from their pain and hope for the future after cracking open the Good Book. Frequent collaborator Tina Quallo drives the message home on her passionate guest chorus. Fans can find this inspiring cut, previous releases Stimulus Package, Leaders and Wonder Years, and much more, check out Sparks’ latest Booth-hosted project, available now for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 12/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.