With the end of his 52-week Manic Mondays series glimmering on the horizon, K. Sparks has come a long way towards his stated goal of tackling every topic under the sun, but one thing we haven’t heard from him is a straight-up ladies’ jam (though he has delivered a Jigga-esque rundown of past Relationships). On installment #41, the Queens emcee finally ventures into that territory, parlaying his passion for the old-school into a throwback track with female appeal to spare. Over DJ King Flow‘s jazzy, piano-driven sample work, Sparks spins a wistfully romantic tale centered around one ‘80s fashion trend he really digs: Door Knockers—the oversized, gold hoop earrings that seemed to adorn every hip-hop chick’s lobes back in the day. The emcee packs his mellow verses with references sure to leave old souls smiling, but it’s the younger set that should be paying the closest attention—after all, it’s your job to bring that retro style back into the spotlight. Wear those door knockers with care, though; we at DJBooth.net won’t be held responsible for any unfortunate run-ins with coat hooks.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 06/7/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)