With the end of his 52-week Manic Mondays series glimmering on the horizon, K. Sparks has come a long way towards his stated goal of tackling every topic under the sun, but one thing we haven’t heard from him is a straight-up ladies’ jam (though he has delivered a Jigga-esque rundown of past Relationships). On installment #41, the Queens emcee finally ventures into that territory, parlaying his passion for the old-school into a throwback track with female appeal to spare. Over DJ King Flow‘s jazzy, piano-driven sample work, Sparks spins a wistfully romantic tale centered around one ‘80s fashion trend he really digs: Door Knockers—the oversized, gold hoop earrings that seemed to adorn every hip-hop chick’s lobes back in the day. The emcee packs his mellow verses with references sure to leave old souls smiling, but it’s the younger set that should be paying the closest attention—after all, it’s your job to bring that retro style back into the spotlight. Wear those door knockers with care, though; we at DJBooth.net won’t be held responsible for any unfortunate run-ins with coat hooks.
Written by richard on 06/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.