There’s no question that K. Sparks has been good to his fans, and Booth readers have paid him back in kind, showering his previously-featured cuts with praise and assigning them four to five-star ratings. Of course, even on this site, the Manic Mondays emcee has a few stubborn Critics, and, if the newly-released 30th installment of his ongoing series is any indication, he’s been paying very, very close attention. Did you ever accuse Sparks of not being ‘commercial’ enough to succeed? Did you dub last week’s Sunday Drive ‘elevator music?’ Well, this one’s for you. Over a jazzy, surprisingly bouncy instrumental by Rain and Dictionary beatsmith Kurser, the Queens emcee pokes good-natured fun at his detractors, and the ‘dramatic readings’ of some of the stranger complaints will have many in hysterics. If you want to survive the music game without developing an ulcer, a good sense of humor is a must; judging by this record, it’s clear Sparks takes neither himself nor his haters all that seriously.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 03/22/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)