There’s no question that K. Sparks has been good to his fans, and Booth readers have paid him back in kind, showering his previously-featured cuts with praise and assigning them four to five-star ratings. Of course, even on this site, the Manic Mondays emcee has a few stubborn Critics, and, if the newly-released 30th installment of his ongoing series is any indication, he’s been paying very, very close attention. Did you ever accuse Sparks of not being ‘commercial’ enough to succeed? Did you dub last week’s Sunday Drive ‘elevator music?’ Well, this one’s for you. Over a jazzy, surprisingly bouncy instrumental by Rain and Dictionary beatsmith Kurser, the Queens emcee pokes good-natured fun at his detractors, and the ‘dramatic readings’ of some of the stranger complaints will have many in hysterics. If you want to survive the music game without developing an ulcer, a good sense of humor is a must; judging by this record, it’s clear Sparks takes neither himself nor his haters all that seriously.
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.