With 10 Minutes, K. Sparks put the cherry on top of a consistently dope 52-week series destined to be remembered as a towering monument to underground ambition. It was undeniably cause for celebration, but it was also a bittersweet moment; now that the Manic Mondays era is over, we’ll have to start our week without a new K. Sparks track, right? Not so fast—this Sunday evening/Monday, we’re proud to bring our readers the first official leak off Super Senior, a Kevin Nottingham/2DopeBoyz/DJBooth.net-cosponsored concept mixtape revolving around the artist’s experiences on the “underground hip-hop campus.” Blind Man finds the Double Up rapper detailing what sets him apart from his above and below-the-radar peers over a laid-back, bossa nova-tinged beat by frequent MM collaborator Kurser. Sparks may not “sing like Drake” or “dress like Wayne” but, as an artist who “[puts his] heart into every verse,” he’ll always have a home on our frontpage. Keep it locked to the Booth for further release info on Super Seniors, as well as—of course—plenty of fresh new tunes.
Written by richard on 08/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.