With 10 Minutes, K. Sparks put the cherry on top of a consistently dope 52-week series destined to be remembered as a towering monument to underground ambition. It was undeniably cause for celebration, but it was also a bittersweet moment; now that the Manic Mondays era is over, we’ll have to start our week without a new K. Sparks track, right? Not so fast—this Sunday evening/Monday, we’re proud to bring our readers the first official leak off Super Senior, a Kevin Nottingham/2DopeBoyz/DJBooth.net-cosponsored concept mixtape revolving around the artist’s experiences on the “underground hip-hop campus.” Blind Man finds the Double Up rapper detailing what sets him apart from his above and below-the-radar peers over a laid-back, bossa nova-tinged beat by frequent MM collaborator Kurser. Sparks may not “sing like Drake” or “dress like Wayne” but, as an artist who “[puts his] heart into every verse,” he’ll always have a home on our frontpage. Keep it locked to the Booth for further release info on Super Seniors, as well as—of course—plenty of fresh new tunes.
Written by richard on 08/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.