For a guy approaching the end of a uniformly acclaimed 52-week series, K. Sparks seems pretty relaxed—though gymnastically-flowed, Abstract Jazz and Let Me Fly both had a chilly, laid-back feel. On Manic Monday #49, the Queens emcee reveals what it is that allows him to stay cool when the chips are down: he simply has a certain Blazay Blah (I’m not sure what that means, but it certainly sounds nonchalant). Over King Flow‘s jazzy boardwork, complete with old-school scratches, Sparks comes with a generous helping of the effortlessly acrobatic rhymes that fans have come to expect. The artist’s main focus here was “...having fun with the flow,”and it shows; though Sparks’ verses are as densely-packed as ever, his relentless, rapid-fire delivery is so hypnotic that it’s easy to forget to listen to his words—needless to say, this cut’s a prime candidate for repeat spins. Watch for Sparks’ long-awaited Queens vs. Brooklyn mixtape, created in collaboration with BK native Angelous, to hit our frontpage this week!
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.