For a guy approaching the end of a uniformly acclaimed 52-week series, K. Sparks seems pretty relaxed—though gymnastically-flowed, Abstract Jazz and Let Me Fly both had a chilly, laid-back feel. On Manic Monday #49, the Queens emcee reveals what it is that allows him to stay cool when the chips are down: he simply has a certain Blazay Blah (I’m not sure what that means, but it certainly sounds nonchalant). Over King Flow‘s jazzy boardwork, complete with old-school scratches, Sparks comes with a generous helping of the effortlessly acrobatic rhymes that fans have come to expect. The artist’s main focus here was “...having fun with the flow,”and it shows; though Sparks’ verses are as densely-packed as ever, his relentless, rapid-fire delivery is so hypnotic that it’s easy to forget to listen to his words—needless to say, this cut’s a prime candidate for repeat spins. Watch for Sparks’ long-awaited Queens vs. Brooklyn mixtape, created in collaboration with BK native Angelous, to hit our frontpage this week!
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 08/2/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.