For a guy approaching the end of a uniformly acclaimed 52-week series, K. Sparks seems pretty relaxed—though gymnastically-flowed, Abstract Jazz and Let Me Fly both had a chilly, laid-back feel. On Manic Monday #49, the Queens emcee reveals what it is that allows him to stay cool when the chips are down: he simply has a certain Blazay Blah (I’m not sure what that means, but it certainly sounds nonchalant). Over King Flow‘s jazzy boardwork, complete with old-school scratches, Sparks comes with a generous helping of the effortlessly acrobatic rhymes that fans have come to expect. The artist’s main focus here was “...having fun with the flow,”and it shows; though Sparks’ verses are as densely-packed as ever, his relentless, rapid-fire delivery is so hypnotic that it’s easy to forget to listen to his words—needless to say, this cut’s a prime candidate for repeat spins. Watch for Sparks’ long-awaited Queens vs. Brooklyn mixtape, created in collaboration with BK native Angelous, to hit our frontpage this week!
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 08/2/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.